No images found.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom
- Beamed ceiling with massive fireplace
- Traditional building with historic features
- TV/DVD/Stereo & internet access
- Large paved terrace with barbecue
- Woodburner & central heating
- Sleeps 1 - 2 persons
- The Farmhouse originated 500 years ago and has an illustrious past, with previous owners including a Governor of Tobago and an Admiral in the 19th Century. Currently available to rent to the most discerning of travellers, the property is the perfect example of Rustic-Luxe design Perfect for a romantic getaway for 2 people. It has some surprising features including a slate flagged sunroom, a three tier inglenook fireplace in the living room and a conservatory style light and bright kitchen and dining room. Hugely comfortable and incorporating loads of oak, slate flagstones, beams and a cathedral ceiling in the living area, yet rendered supremely warm and comfortable with under floor heating and decorated to a superb standard. The bedroom has a wide super king bed with extra-thick and supremely comfortable pillow top mattress, crisp white linens and a plentiful supply of fluffy white towels. In the Autumn and Winter, relax on large comfortable sofas in the cooler months in front of a blazing fire in the wood-burner. In the Summer throw open all the doors and dine al fresco under the sun umbrella in the sunny brick paved yard just outside the French windows that lead into the kitchen. The garden has ponds with yellow flag iris and water lilies and a walkway with trailing honeysuckle and jasmine. Sleeps 2
- The living area has a cathedral ceiling, oak beams, a splendid inglenook fireplace and superbly comfortable sofas to relax in. Features include rustic oak desk, large screen Sony TV, DVD, stereo and Wi-fi. Double stable doors leads out to the slate flagged sunroom and thence out to the garden.
- The light filled conservatory style kitchen and dining area has Neff appliances, including induction hob, double oven, dishwasher, double cast iron white enamelled sink, Welsh slate worktops. Separate larder containing large side-by-side fridge/freezer with ice & iced water dispenser. French doors lead out to the brick paved yard with beautiful views of the distant mountains of the Brecon Beacons and scenic lands that surround the Estate.
- The large and spacious bedroom has burnished quarter cut oak flooring, a huge and comfortable super-king size bed and a gorgeous bathroom. South facing windows have oak shutters and there is a door leading out to the hidden terrace at the rear of The Farmhouse.
- Large walk in glass sided marble shower, hand decorated fixtures including traditional style wash basin, bidet & high level cistern toilet. Heated towel rail and under-floor heating.
- The garden has a terrace, lawn area, 2 ponds filled with water lilies and water iris and a paved walkway overhung with honeysuckle and flowering jasmine.